A colourful Asian-inspired dish perfect for the whole family.
2 tsp vegetable oil (e.g. peanut oil)
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
500g chicken or pork mince
800g frozen vegetable mix (carrot, peas, corn)
2.5 cups rice, cooked and cooled
1.5 tbsp reduced salt soy sauce
2 spring onions, thinly sliced
1 cup bean sprouts, washed and chopped
- Heat oil in a large fry pan and sauté the garlic and ginger over a medium heat for five minutes until soft.
- Add mince and stir-fry until cooked.
- Then add vegetables and stir-fry for approximately five minutes.
- Finally add rice and soy sauce and toss to coat. Stir-fry for approximately 2-5 minutes until all ingredients are hot.
- Serve on to plates and top with spring onion and bean sprouts.
Prep time: 10
Cook time: 15
- For a vegetarian option, use tofu instead of chicken or pork mince.
- If you’re after a gluten free option, use tamari instead of soy sauce.
- For the rice in this recipe, use cooked and cooled rice, or day old cooked rice, as freshly cooked rice will make your fried rice gluggy.
Good nutrition is essential for the health and wellbeing of young children. We are proud to partner with NAQ Nutrition, the Qld Division of Nutrition Australia, by producing recipes that are healthy, delicious and aligned with the Australian Dietary Guidelines.