Building Confident Learners
At Bambinos Kindergarten, we embrace the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF). This framework ensures that the children in our care experience quality teaching and learning. Its emphasis is on play based learning, with recognition of the great importance of communication and language, as well as social and emotional development. We recognise parents as primary educators. In working in partnership with our families, we will provide opportunities for every child to maximise their potential.
Through our centre goals:
- Our children will learn who they are
- They will be safe and healthy
- They will relate positively to others and enjoy themselves during their time at the centre
- The children will learn in appropriate ways
- The children will learn to respect the natural environment
- Learning will not be limited to gender or race
- Decision making will be shared and conflict resolved peacefully
- Children will be prepared for a successful transition to school
Our specialised School Readiness program is led by our qualified team of educators including a University trained Early Childhood Teacher.
We provide a specialised School Readiness program that is aimed at providing you and your child a smooth transition to school. This program will assist in the development of confidence, independence, social skills and learning ability; making the adjustment to school life a little easier.
Our qualified and caring educators plan detailed and specific programs that are relevant to the individual child’s interests, family, culture and local community. Our program promotes social, physical, emotional, linguistic and cognitive growth and focuses on language and literacy, the visual arts and crafts, music, singing and dance, stories, mathematics, science, social studies, writing and reading, games and play.
At Bambinos Kindergarten, we provide a holistic approach to your child’s education. It is one which encompasses every aspect of the child and nurtures their development.
THE CHILD’S SENSE OF SELF: For children to see themselves as powerful, valued and constructive contributors to their community.
THE COMMUNICATING CHILD: For children to give messages to others and interpret messages received, to establish and maintain relationships, to negotiate and express feelings.
THE THINKING CHILD: For the children to be tireless investigators, explorers, experimenters and problem solvers.
THE HEALTHY, PHYSICALLY ACTIVE CHILD: For the children to develop in all areas, being physically healthy is a necessary pre-condition. It is the basic foundation for children’s learning and development.
THE SOCIAL CHILD: For the children to be in an environment that promotes respectful and life enhancing relationships.
THE FEELING CHILD: For the children to recognise and accept feelings, learn how to express feelings appropriately, and learn to read other people’s feelings and situations.
THE CREATIVE CHILD: For the children to be provided opportunities to invent, imagine, communicate and to behave and express themselves in different ways.
THE SPIRITUAL AND MORAL CHILD: For the children to develop a sense of reverence for life and appreciation of beauty in nature and in creative endeavors.
Bambino’s Kindergartens boast qualified early childhood professionals and carers who provide educational learning programs based on children’s interests, strengths, abilities and choice.
Our dedicated team of educators are experienced and understand the importance of extending on children’s home-life experiences.
- Are highly motivated
- Meet and extend the children’s individual strengths, interests and needs
- Nurture the children’s individual strengths, interests and needs
- Provide uniqueness in skills i.e. values and personality
- Are pro-active, not reactive
- Are approachable and open
- Are accepting of, and show respect to all children, all families and all staff members
- Are professional and trustworthy
- Act as appropriate role models in actions and words
- Are qualified and / or highly experienced to provide early care and education
Parent teacher communication
We believe that fostering collaborative partnerships with families is one of the foundations to ensure we achieve the best for every child.
All learning journals and information regarding your child’s day will be documented daily for you to view. This includes details of sleeping habits, toilet practices, your child’s response to the day and any health and safety issues that may have arisen.
Our educators will also speak with you informally upon collection of the child or through phone calls if any issues arise during the day.
At Bambino’s Kindergartens, we have a range of links with community and support agencies in our services to ensure that we support every child’s learning and development to ensure that they are prepared for the next stage.
Throughout the year we also offer parent/teacher interviews as a more formal time for a parent and a teacher to talk. They are often held shortly after report cards are sent home so that achievements and concerns can be discussed
Just like every child is different, so is each parent/teacher interview. This will reflect that individuality. However, the following matters are often discussed:
- All areas of development for the child – samples of work may be shown.
- The parent’s and teacher’s expectations for the child.
- How the teacher evaluates progress.
- Joint development of a plan to help the child overcome any problems and to continue important accomplishments; and how parents and teachers can work together on a continuing basis to encourage the child to do well. We are also here to support you in your role as a parent, so if at any time you wish to learn more about our service and how you can be involved in your child’s education and care please feel free to speak with one of our friendly qualified educator’s.
Outside School Hours Care
Our Bambino’s Kindergartens located in Bowral and Harrington Park North provide Outside School Hours Care for children aged five to 12 years.
During school terms the centres are open from 7:00 am to 9:00 am, and 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm in Bowral and from 6:00 am to 9:00 am, and 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm in Harrington Park North. During School Holidays, the centres provide care from open to close.
The centre’s qualified carers provide programs based around the My Time, Our Place Framework.
Before School Care offers a range of stimulating activities to get your children’s minds warmed up leading into the school day. The After School Care program allows the children to plan their own afternoon activities selected from a list provided and with consultation from parents, assistance with homework can be provided by our experienced and qualified educators.
Care is also provided for the school holidays to keep the children’s mind’s active and drive away some of the boredom of the long breaks. This holiday care offers a wide range of activities and excursions to put some variety into the holiday schedule.